The final Paint Horse Championship show of the year is headed to Gut Matheshof show grounds in Kreuth, Germany. The 2017 European Paint Horse Championship show hosted by Zone 12, will take place August 27–September 2.
This year’s show is expecting contestants from at least 14 European countries and Israel. Exhibitors and horse owners must reside in Europe to be eligible for the Paint Horse Championship classes, which are selected by show management. The European Paint Horse Championship was the largest APHA show last year excluding the APHA World Show.
EuroPaint Zone Championship winners receive custom Gist Silversmith trophy buckles; medallions are presented to second-through-sixth-place recipients. The following 15 specially selected classes will be offered at the 2017 EuroPaint Horse Championship Show:
- Youth Solid Paint-Bred Showmanship
- Youth Solid Paint-Bred Western Horsemanship
- Youth Halter Mares
- Youth Hunter Under Saddle
- Youth Trail
- Amateur Solid Paint-Bred Showmanship
- Amateur Solid Paint-Bred Western Pleasure
- Amateur Trail
- Amateur Senior Halter Mares
- Amateur Junior Western Pleasure
- Solid Paint-Bred Green Trail
- Solid Paint-Bred Green Western Pleasure
- Green Hunter Under Saddle
- Junior Trail
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA creates and maintains programs that increase the value of American Paint Horses and enriches members’ experiences with their horses.