Three Year Recertification
- All APHA-carded judges will be required to re-test every three years to keep their APHA Judging credentials. The proficiency exam must be taken at an approved seminar or at the APHA office. This can be done for all APHA carded judges at the Color Breed Council Seminar. You must attend all three days of the seminar and come to the APHA carded portion in the evening.
- APHA carded judges that also have an AQHA card can re-certify at the AQHA seminar in December (when held by AQHA). They must attend all the days of the AQHA seminar and come to the APHA carded portion in the evening.
- Judges must pass the proficiency exam with 80% correct on the rulebook test and 70% correct on the video judging.
- If a judge fails either part of the proficiency exam, they will have the opportunity to retake the exam within 60 days, at a date and location designated by APHA staff.
- During this 60 days, a judge shall not accept any new judging opportunities but may judge horse shows already contracted.
- If a judge fails the proficiency exam a second time or chooses not to test, their judging privileges will be suspended.
- The judge will be given a third and final opportunity to take the full rulebook and video testing portion during the annual new applicant exam.
- If a judge fails all three exams, they will be removed from the judges list, must wait a year, and reapply as a new applicant.
Annual Judge Testing
- All APHA-carded judges must also pass an annual judge recertification online via HorseIQ in place of an open rulebook test. To pass, a judge must complete the course.
- Failure to pass will result in suspension of judging status until the test is passed. Any judge that fails to complete the recertification within 30 days of its dispersal will be suspended from the judges list until the recertification is complete and passed.
If you have any questions about judge recertification please contact:
Dave Dellin (817)718-4223 firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Lawhorn (817) 222-6416 email@example.com