Click here for APHA registration, transfer & breeding forms
Register your Paint
To register a horse with APHA, you’ll need the following information; if you’re transferring ownership, see the section below.
- Registration information for the horse, including date of birth, and sire/dam information
- Photos (left side, right side, front and rear)
- Signature dam owner at time of foaling
- Signature of the sire owner at time of breeding is required unless the breeding is released
- Payment for associated fees
Save time and register your horse online — if you’re the owner of the dam at the time of foaling, and the breeding is listed with APHA as “released,” you can register your foal at aphaonline.org. Log into the dam owner’s APHA account, then click “Bronze” and “Foal Registration” to get started.
Transfer your Paint online!
When you buy a registered Paint, transferring the horse into your ownership makes everything official with APHA and makes you eligible for all the great perks APHA offers.
Now, complete your transfer of ownership online — it’s fast, easy and simple, with no mail required.
- Using the link above, create or log into your account. You’ll be able to link it to your existing APHA membership if you already have an account.
- Once you’re logged in, make sure your membership is current (an active membership is required to transfer ownership). Click “Join” or “Renew” to get started.
- Click “Transfer” to transfer ownership of your horse and follow the steps. You will need a current APHA membership and the original registration certificate signed by the owner of record.
After submitting the work to APHA, our staff verifies the information you’ve submitted. If that looks good, we’ll finish it up and send a new certificate to you as the horse’s owner.
Other Registration Resources
APHA Online Registration — get started by logging in as the mare owner and selecting “Foal Registration” from the Bronze menu.
APHA Online Membership — get started by selecting “Join/Renew” below the log-in box