Entries open March 20 at 8 a.m. CDT and close April 6 at 5 p.m. CDT
Select your class from the list below. Click on the “ENTER NOW” button to add this class to your PH Barn Door shopping cart. In the comment section, please include your horse’s name and your APHA membership number. You can quickly add more classes to your cart by using the “quick view” function. If you need to purchase or renew your APHA membership, add it to your cart at this time. Proceed to check out and pay.
After you’ve entered the class, download the pattern, practice and record your go. Return to this page to upload your video. After judging is complete, you’ll receive an email with detailed feedback on your performance and a check if you place in the payout.
When you’re ready, click the “Upload Video” button below for the class you’ve entered. You’ll be redirected to a DropBox folder. Follow the prompts to upload your video. Please name your video file using your first name, underscore, last name, underscore, and the email address you would like to have your private, detailed, constructive critiques sent to. For example: Elizabeth_Lawhorn_elawhorn@apha.com.mov
All entry fees are jackpotted. 70% goes to the total purse awarded. 30% is retained for administrative costs.
$100 PH Barn Door gift card to the highest all-around money-earning Paint Horse Exhibitor. Must enter at least three (3) classes to be eligible for the all-around exhibitor award. Exhibitors may show multiple Paint Horses.
$100 PH Barn Door gift card to the highest all-around money-earning exhibitor. Must enter at least five (5) classes to be eligible for the all-around exhibitor award. Exhibitors may show multiple horses.
1. All classes are judged according to the current APHA Rule Book (PDF).
2. Tack and attire must meet requirements outlined in the APHA Rule Book; illegal equipment is grounds for disqualification. Neat and clean presentation takes precedence over “bling.” Long pants, boots with a heel and long-sleeved, collared shirt or jacket is required for exhibitors. (Please see SC-195: English Attire, SC-200: English Tack, SC-235: Western Attire, and SC-240: Western Tack. )
3. Follow the class’ posted pattern/format and class filming guidelines; failure to do so is grounds for disqualification.
4. Videos must show a continuous shot, and clips may not be edited together.
5. Each video should only include one “entry” for a single class.
6. Video entries must be taped during the posted show dates and submitted by the posted deadline. Failure to do so is grounds for disqualification.
7. The judge’s decision is final.