2020 forms can be found below. The Mare Nomination Deadline is now February 15 of the foaling year. For more information please click here for the News Story.
Platinum Enrolled Sires
Platinum Stallions as of 1/31/20
-Please note more stallions will be added to this list as their enrollments are processed.
|STALLION’S NAME||REG #|
|2020 & 2021 FOALS|
|ARENT I PRETTY||Q5445565|
|EXCLUSIVELY A MISTER||939205|
|FF SHAMELESS KID||1038742|
|HES SO THAT||965393|
|KR HES XCEPTIONAL||Q5601068|
|SECRETS OF A LEGEND||Q5274153|
|THE CROWNING TOUCH||1050182|
|FG BORN LEGACY||1068658|
|THE FINAL VERSE||1072383|
|THE HEISMAN LEGEND||1080161|
Established in 2009, the APHA Breeders’ Futurity program was created to complement the APHA Breeders’ Trust program by increasing opportunities and financial rewards for Breeders’ Trust-nominated foals. The Breeders’ Futurity is a prestigious competition featuring the finest American Paint Horses and exhibitors in the world competing in a select slate of classes designed to showcase the offspring of APHA Breeders’ Trust-subscribed stallions and the mares bred to them.Non-pro halter exhibitors cash in on $166,000 with APHA’s Platinum Breeders’ Futurity classes
Foals of 2009 were the first crop eligible to compete in the Futurity. The slate of classes in subsequent years grew right along with them; in 2010, yearling halter, longe line and in-hand trail were added and the performance classes began in 2011.
Competition is offered in two divisions:
- Gold – for the Regular Registry offspring and all SPB offspring regardless of stud fee.
In these divisions, the mare owner must nominate the mare to the program.
- Platinum – A program unto itself, the Platinum division Breeders’ Futurity is an elite weanling halter futurity. Foals are made eligible for this division by the stallion owner, paying a minimum of $5,000 nomination fee and the Mare owner paying a $200 nomination fee (late fees apply). These foals are also eligible to enter the Gold division, provided all requirements, fees and payments are met accordingly.
- 2019 Classes*
- Platinum Non-Pro Weanling Stallions (Regular Registry and the SPB offspring that have been genetically tested and confirmed to carry at least one approved Paint pattern marker)
- Platinum Non-Pro Weanling Mares (Regular Registry and the SPB offspring that have been genetically tested and confirmed to carry at least one approved Paint pattern marker)
- Platinum Non-Pro Weanling Geldings (Regular Registry and the SPB offspring that have been genetically tested and confirmed to carry at least one approved Paint pattern marker)
- Platinum Non-Pro Weanling Solid Paint-Bred Stallions & Geldings (SPB’s that have not been genetically tested or do not carry at least one approved Paint pattern marker)
- Platinum Non-Pro Weanling Solid Paint-Bred Mares (SPB’s that have not been genetically tested or do not carry at least one approved Paint pattern marker)
- *APHA reserves the right to add, cancel or combine classes or hold a “class within a class” as entries warrant.
Once the foals are made eligible, the appropriate Futurity payments must be made for the year(s) the foal is shown only. No futurity payments are made in a year the horse is not shown in Breeders’ Futurity classes at the APHA World Championship Show.
For all the rules and regulations, download the 2019 Breeders’ Trust & Breeders’ Futurity Program Brochure.
Forms and Downloads
Breeders’ Futurity Platinum Mare Nomination Form Online
Breeders’ Futurity Platinum Mare Nomination Form Printable
Breeders’ Futurity Gold Mare Nomination Form Online
Breeders’ Futurity Gold Mare Nomination Form Printable
Breeders’ Futurity Platinum Sire Enrollment Form
APHA Breeders’ Trust web site
For questions, please contact Matt Arias, Director of Breeders’ Trust/ Breeders’ Futurity at firstname.lastname@example.org