Horses and heritage go hand in hand, and Paints are certainly no exception; appreciating the past—and those who shaped it—is key to perpetuating the Western lifestyle we know and love.
The February 2017 Paint Horse Journal’s “Eight of the Greats” celebrates incredible horsemen and horses who helped shape the American Paint Horse Association through their hard work and amazing achievements. APHA will honor these change makers at a Hall of Fame induction ceremony at APHA Convention February 24–27. All APHA members are invited—be sure to join the celebration.
In this month’s Inside Look you’ll also find…
- APHA Executive Director Billy Smith’s “Fresh Paint” column, which offers three tips gleaned from the association’s most effective members.
- Candid “Spotted” photos from the APHA World Show, 6-J Paint Horse dispersal and the NRHA Futurity.
- ALL our colorful advertisers, including a punchy pack of ranch horse trainers, stallions and competitors.
- Stallion alley and classified ads to help you find your next favorite Paint.
Pick up the full Paint Horse Journal to find…
- How genetic testing works and its benefits for breeders and owners.
- Tips for adding some personal flair to the come-as-you-are ranch classes.
- Stories from exhibitors who’ve found a new home in ranch events.
- How Tammy Dobek and HR Kidnights Clu logged an incredible 10,000 hours of riding time.
- Trainers’ insights on perfecting your ranch riding pattern using tried-and-true horsemanship techniques.
- And so much more! Purchase, renew or extend your subscription today.
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA creates and maintains programs that increase the value of American Paint Horses and enriches members’ experiences with their horses.