For more information, contact:
Cristin Conner, Director of Membership, Merchandise and Subscriptions
(817) 834-2742 ext. 409
APHA Announces Opportunities to Become a Golden Anniversary Member
Friends, fans and supporters of Paint Horses have a unique opportunity to join the world’s second-largest equine breed association. The Golden Anniversary membership promotion begins October 1 and makes joining the Paint community easier, faster and more attractive than ever before.
“This special APHA membership offer has been 50 years in the making, so we’re marking this very important moment in our history in style,” APHA Executive Director Billy Smith said. “We’ll be actively promoting the benefits of being an APHA member as we continue celebrating our golden anniversary.”
When joining, renewing or extending a current membership, individuals can have one or all of these special-edition commemorative items.
- • 1-year membership ($40)—50th anniversary commemorative lapel pin
- • 3-year membership ($90)—Lapel pin, limited-edition Golden Anniversary Member card
- • 5-year membership ($150)—Lapel pin, limited-edition Golden Anniversary Member card and a lithograph print of “Sustaining the Legacy”
Individuals who choose a three-year membership will be automatically enrolled in a drawing to win a beautiful 50th anniversary buckle from Gist Silversmiths. It’s No. 3 in a series of only 500 buckles—a $150 retail value. Buckle No. 1 recently sold in an eBay auction benefiting the APHA Foundation for $2,475.
Five-year members will also be automatically enrolled in a drawing to win a one-of-a-kind sterling silver version of the 50th anniversary buckle by APHA Corporate Partner Gist Silversmiths. It’s a $1,950 value—and is the one and only buckle of this type that will ever be produced.
Additionally, the first 25 individuals who sign up as five-year members will receive a personal phone call from APHA Executive Director Billy Smith. Share thoughts with the association’s top leader and learn about all the exciting things going on at APHA.
APHA members enjoy these great benefits:
- Free member decal
- Free subscription to the quarterly Paint Horse Connection magazine
- Preferred member rates on a wide variety of APHA transactions that can quickly return the cost of a membership
- Discounted rates on Paint Horse Journal subscriptions and advertising
- Access to a wide range of online information, education and reports
- Savings on special offers and discount pricing from our Corporate Partners
- Eligibility to vote in association elections, serve on a committee or hold an APHA office
- Register to have APHA’s monthly e-newsletter and weekly Fresh Paint video newscast delivered right to your computer
- Access recent digital editions of our Paint Horse Connection magazine online
APHA membership has opened doors for Paint Horse enthusiasts since the association’s founding in 1962. Members of this unique community enjoy breeding, owning, showing and riding their American Paint Horses in more than 59 nations and territories across the globe.
APHA members receive innovative, efficient and personalized customer service attention from their association—just a call away thanks to APHA’s MemberCare department.
The world’s second-largest equine breed association, APHA recognizes and supports 111 regional and international clubs, which bring competition, camaraderie and support to APHA members.
In addition to producing two championship events—the American Junior Paint Horse Association Youth World Championship Show and the APHA Open/Amateur World Championship Show, APHA offers its members an abundance of platforms to celebrate their favorite breed. No matter a member’s interests, APHA has a program designed to meet your needs: some of these programs include Ride America, recognized breed shows, Paint Alternative Competition, racing, Professional Horsemen and the Breeders’ Trust.
Help shape APHA’s future—join, renew or extend your membership today. Simply visit join.apha.com or call (817) 222-6423.