The Farnam Pleasure Stakes, Challenges and Sweepstakes classes for Western pleasure and hunter under saddle at the 2017 APHA Open/Amateur World Championship Show are more rewarding than ever. With the entry deadline fast approaching, don’t miss your chance to take home a piece of over $70,000 in added money and prizes earmarked for these events.
Farnam Pleasure Stakes
2-Year-Old Classes – $50,000+ combined total payout
- Payout will be split 75% Open division and 25% Limited division
- $5,000 added per class guaranteed
Non-Pro 3-and 4-Year-Old Classes - $7,000 total added money combined overall and split based on entries
- Exhibitor or exhibitor’s family members must own/lease the horse. See Rules AM-020 and YP-015 for complete ownership/lease requirements.
Horses must have sold in the Stakes Session of the Farnam Breeders’ Trust Select Sale to be eligible. Horses can be shown in the Farnam Western Pleasure Stakes and/or the Farnam Hunter Under Saddle Stakes class.
- Non-Pro 2-Year-Old Western Pleasure Sweepstakes – $1,000 added
- Non-Pro 2-Year-Old Hunter Under Saddle Sweepstakes – $1,000 added
- Non-Pro 3-Year-Old Western Pleasure Sweepstakes – $1,000 added
- Non-Pro 3-Year-Old Hunter Under Saddle Sweepstakes – $1,000 added
- 3-Year-Old Novice Horse Limited Rider Western Pleasure Sweepstakes – $1,000 added
- Bridleless Western Pleasure Sweepstakes – $1,000 added
- 3-Year-Old Western Pleasure Challenge – $5,000 added
- 3-Year-Old Hunter Under Saddle Challenge – $5,000 added
Enter by August 1 for the best rates; late fees apply after August 1. Don’t miss your chance to take part in this lucrative series. Visit apha.com/oawcs for the show schedule, premium book and all entry forms.
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA creates and maintains programs that increase the value of American Paint Horses and enriches members’ experiences with their horses.