1. All APHA registered horses will be allowed to participate in PBRIP.
2. The annual PBRIP enrollment fee will be $35 for the first horse and $25 for each additional horse. Enrollment can be purchased at any time during the year. The enrollment will expire one year after fee is paid.
3. 15% of all enrollment fees collected shall be used for advertising, administration and promotion of PBRIP sidepots.
4. The remaining 85% of all enrollment fees collected shall be used for added money to PBRIP sidepots at selected barrel races within the discretion of APHA. PBRIP sidepot added money will only be available at races designated and authorized by APHA.
5. The PBRIP sidepots at the selected barrel races will be limited to current enrolled PBRIP horses. If not currently enrolled, a competitor may enroll their registered paint horse at the time of entry and become eligible to compete in PBRIP sidepot.
PBRIP Point System
1D 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
2D 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
3D 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
4D 4, 3, 2, 1
PBRIP point system will be used for the tabulation of all PBRIP year-end awards.
PBRIP points will be awarded 1D through 4D with ½, ½, ½ second splits.
Points awarded per PBRIP paid run at all PBRIP events. A minimum of 5 PBRIP participants per day will be required in order for PBRIP points to be awarded.
For PBRIP year-end purposes the Regular and Solid Paint-Bred PBRIP results will be combined.
APHA World Championship Show PBRIP points – if a horse runs in both the PBRIP Futurity and the PBRIP Sweepstakes the highest points earned will be used. You cannot use both runs for points.
PBRIP year-end awards will be awarded to the recorded owner of horse as of December 31 of each year and the owner must be a current APHA member to be eligible for year-end awards.
To qualify for any PBRIP year-end awards the horse must have earned a minimum of eight (8) PBRIP points.
Tie-Breaker: If two or more contestants tie, the following will be used to break the tie for year-end awards: (a) Horse with the greatest number of PBRIP points earned in 1D; (b) Horse that participated in the greatest number of PBRIP events; (c) Horse with the greatest number of PBRIP points earned in 2D.
$2,500 Year-end money will be awarded the top two horses in each division 1D through 4D with 1st and 2nd in each division receiving 60/40 split