Chrome magazine picked up three first-place honors in the 2023 American Horse Publications Equine Media Awards. Altogether, Chrome and the Paint Horse Journal were honored with nine awards in writing and design categories that spanned the entire equine media landscape.
American Horse Publications is the preeminent professional organization for equine media, and this year’s contest featured 515 entries from 87 AHP member organizations. Results were announced June 24 during the AHP Equine Media Conference in Tempe, Arizona.
- 1st Association Equine Media Feature Single Article: “The Concrete Cure” by Jessica Hein, Fall 2022 Chrome
- 1st Association Equine Media Cover Page Design: “Cowboy Man” designed by Jody Johnson, Spring 2022 Chrome
- 1st Freelance Writer Personality Profile Single Article: “Lyle @ Home” by Allison Rehnborg, Spring 2022 Chrome
- 2nd Association Equine Media Service to the Consumer Single Article: “Building a Brand” by Abigail Boatwright, July/August 2022 Paint Horse Journal
- 2nd Service to the Horse Industry Single Article: “Marked For Greatness” by Jessica Hein, January/February 2022 Paint Horse Journal
- 2nd Association Equine Media Editorial Design: “Lyle @ Home” designed by Art Vasquez, Spring 2022 Chrome
- 2nd Freelance Writer Equine Journalism Article: “Lyle @ Home” by Allison Rehnborg, Spring 2022 Chrome
- 3rd Association Equine Media Editorial Design: “Scents & Sensibility” designed by Ron Bonge, Winter 2022 Chrome
- Honorable Mention Association Equine Media Editorial Design: “Gene Pool Puzzle” designed by Art Vasquez, November/December 2022 Paint Horse Journal
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded in 1962. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.