APHA and the Paint Horse Journal are proud to welcome two new members of the PHJ Platinum Performance Team for 2015.
A lifelong horseman, Floyd Danley has been training and showing horses for more than 30 years. He’s exhibited a number of world champions in multiple breeds, including many APHA world championship honors. A carded APHA judge since 1983, Floyd has judged more than 135 events. He is also a Markel APHA Professional Horseman member. Floyd lives in Whitesboro, Texas, with his wife, Kathy, where he serves as manager and trainer of Ford Farms.
Richard Price has spent more than 30 years breeding, raising and training top-quality horses. Richard has a number of major wins to his credit, including a 2014 APHA world championship with Atonement in Solid Paint-Bred Weanling Stallions. Richard also enjoys coaching Youth and Amateur exhibitors, many of whom have also found themselves in the winner’s circle. Richard owns and operates Price Show Horses, a 20-acre training and breeding facility in Brenham, Texas.
Floyd and Richard join 13 fellow members of the PHJ Platinum Performance team:
- Chad Christensen, Pilot Point, Texas
- Jerm Christensen, West Point, Utah
- Tim & Shannon Gillespie, Gainesville, Texas
- Jeffery Gibbs, Collinsville, Texas
- Matt Henderson, Albany, Oregon
- Brian Henry, Grand Junction, Colorado
- Olin Parker, Independence, Missouri
- Wade & Laura Spell, St. Louis, Missouri
- Bear Smith, Eustis, Florida
- Fred Tabor, Aubrey, Texas
- Sid Thomas, Morganton, North Carolina
PHJ Platinum Performance Team members are world champion trainers who believe in the power of presence in the Paint Horse Journal—learn more about each of them at phj.apha.com. Team members are approved annually and meet the following requirements:
• Is an APHA world champion trainer;
• Has never been suspended from APHA or removed from an APHA organization/program by way of a disciplinary action;
• Run at least 12 full-page ads during a single contract year in the Paint Horse Journal.
Team members agree to serve as ambassadors for the Paint Horse Journal. To learn more about becoming a member of the Paint Horse Journal Platinum Performance Team, please contact Director of Advertising Jackie McGinnis.
Platinum Performance products are developed and manufactured in a state-of-the-art California facility by a team of experts. The dedicated team of Platinum advisors keeps customers informed on the latest advances in equine health and supplementation. To find out more, visit platinumperformance.com or call (800) 553-2400.
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA creates and maintains programs that increase the value of American Paint Horses and enriches members’ experiences with their horses.