Image courtesy NRCHA
Vince Von dominated the National Reined Cow Horse Association Snaffle Bit Futurity, working his way to a six-figure payday with exhibitor Sarah Dawson for owner Wendy Buehler of Freeport, Michigan. The event took place October 6-22 in Fort Worth, Texas.
The 2019 sorrel overo gelding, who is by APHA stallion Stevie Rey Von and out of Hottness (QH), topped the APHA Chrome Cash special event, earning $1,240. He doubled down in the Open Finals, scoring reserve championship honors and an additional $100,000 check.
Vince Von was in good chrome company in the finals, with a number of registered Paints taking their shots at the top prize. In fact, eight of the Top 10 finishing Open horses were either APHA registered or eligible for APHA registration, including Open Finals champion Tornado Jonez, who is also by Stevie Rey Von.
Besides Vince Von, some of the top-earning APHA-registered competitors included:
- Nothing But Blu Cats & Cayley Wilson: $110,000 (3rd Open Finals, reserve Open Intermediate)
- Bossy Boons & Shane Steffen: $40,000 (5th Open Finals)
- Dollar Sign & Sophia Buttars: $49,200 (reserve Non-Pro Finals, champion Non-Pro Intermediate and Non Pro Limited, finalist in Open & Open Intermediate finals with Brandon Buttars)
Special shout-out to our APHA Chrome Cash check-cashers below—and thanks to War Ponies and Joey & LeeAnn Slipher for their sponsorship:
Open Chrome Cash
- Vince Von & Sarah Dawson: $1,240
- Bossy Boons & Shane Steffen: $930
- Night Wach & Tod Crawford: $310 (tie)
- SJR Stylish N Smooth & Matt Koch: $310 (tie)
- Dollar Sign & Brandon Buttars: $310 (tie)
Non-Pro Chrome Cash
- SJR Diamond Luna & Debbie Crafton: $650 (tie)
- Dollar Sign & Sophia Buttars: $650 (tie)
Non-Pro Boxing Chrome Cash
- Bet Hesa Cowboy II & Deb McCandless: $500