It was love at first sight when 12-year-old Melanie Cox-Dayhuff first laid eyes on a bay-and-white tobiano mare that would serve as her entry to the world of Paints and APHA, and it’s a love story that’s continued writing new chapters for most of Melanie’s life.
As APHA President, Melanie can appreciate the past—those horses and experiences that colored her life with chrome, and the indelible mark they left on her soul. Those lasting impressions have helped guide her decision making as a member of the APHA Board of Directors, and they remain central to her core mission: preserving APHA and the horses she loves.
“At the end of the day, I want APHA to be here for my children and their children,” she said. “I want it to be a successful organization that’s here for years to come.”
The March/April 2022 Paint Horse Journal is filled with goodies about Paints and the people who love them, including:
- Spotlight on new Hall of Fame inductees Pauli & Kenny Crull, and Martha & Cliff Johnston
- Showcase of APHA Year-End Winners
- Breeders’ Trust 21x Leading Sire Zippos Sensation and Leading Earner Even More Sensational
- How tele-medicine is the future of veterinary care
- Profile of racehorse breeders Dan & Kaye Jones
- Why your vet is the most qualified equine dentist for your horse
- Seven habits of highly effective horse-show exhibitors
- Paint patrol partners Just Like Pete & Justin Sheppard
- Five tips for buying a horse
- And much more
The Paint Horse Journal is sent free to current APHA members. Check out our free preview, Inside Look; then, thumb through your full print or digital copy for access to everything.
Not an APHA member or need to renew? Join here.
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded in 1962. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.