Several COVID-prompted rule variances that were in place for 2020 and 2021 ended December 31, 2021.
As of January 1, 2022, the following rules reverted back to their pre-COVID requirements as found in the 2022 APHA Rule Book.
- Novice and Green eligibility
- Youth in their last year of their respective division
- Mandatory touch-point obstacles in trail, in-hand trail and ranch trail
- Judge scheduling restrictions
- Show approval and cancelation rules
- Top 20 Award restriction on number of times a judge can be used
The full list of rules that had been temporarily suspended—all of which are reverting back to their original pre-COVID requirements—can be found here.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded in 1962. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.