Big money was all the buzz at the 2018 APHA World Championship Show, especially in the highly anticipated Breeders’ Trust Pleasure Stakes, which paid out its highest-ever purse—$78,360—across four classes and two limited divisions.
2018 Breeders’ Trust Pleasure Stakes Payouts:
- 2-Year-Old Western Pleasure Stakes—$35,085
- Includes Limited Division payout of more than $8,700
- 2-Year-Old Hunter Under Saddle Stakes—$30,665
- Includes Limited Division payout of more than $7,600
Total 2-Year-Old Purse: $65,706
- 3- & 4-Year-Old Non-Pro Western Pleasure Stakes—$9,500
- 3- & 4-Year-Old Non-Pro Hunter Under Saddle Stakes—$3,110
Total 3- & 4-Year-Old Purse: $12,610
Enroll your talented Paint now to take a shot at the $50,000+ payout at the 2019 APHA World Championship Show.
The enrollment payment postmark deadline is November 1, 2018
Late enrollments will be accepted through December 31; enrollments submitted after December 31, 2018, will not be accepted.
Who Can Enter?
- All Breeders’ Trust-nominated Regular Registry and Solid Paint-Bred horses are eligible to enter the Breeders’ Trust Pleasure Stakes.
- Eligible horses must be enrolled to the Pleasure Stakes program during their yearling year no later than December 31; entries will not be accepted after the final postmark deadline of December 31.
- To get the best rate on your entry, enroll your Paint by November 1, 2018.
Entry Fees & Deadlines
The following entry fees make your Paint eligible to compete in the 2-Year-Old Breeders’ Trust Pleasure Stakes classes:
- Yearling year – Postmarked November 1, 2018: $1,500 enrollment payment
- Late Entry Fee – Postmarked November 2, 2018 – December 31, 2018: $3,000 payment
- No additional entries will be accepted after December 31, 2018.
- 2-year-old year – Postmarked August 1, 2019: $1,000 + $225 administrative fee
- Late Entry Fee – Postmarked August 2, 2019, until 5 p.m. day before class: $1,500 + $225 admin fee
- If entering both 2-year-old classes (Western pleasure and hunter under saddle), an additional $1,000 entry fee (or $1,500 late entry fee) will apply + additional $225 admin. fee
- Total investment = $2,500 per entry + $225 administrative fee
Enroll your yearling online
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.