If reined cow horse events are your game, we’ve got great news for you when it comes to qualifying for the 2020 APHA World Championship Show. APHA has approved 18 National Reined Cow Horse Association events to count toward qualification requirements for the 2020 APHA World Show.
Qualifying for the APHA World Show isn’t hard—simply compete at a minimum of two approved events (or pay $1,000 buy-in per show), and your horse is qualified to compete in ANY class and eligible division at the APHA World Show; the 2020 World Show takes place September 21 – October 4, 2020 in Fort Worth, Texas. Special qualification exceptions apply to certain classes (no qualification is required for participation in added-money challenge classes, for instance), but all world championship events require qualification by participation. The qualification period for the 2020 Open/Amateur World Show is June 1, 2019, through May 31, 2020; no qualification is required for the AjPHA Youth World Championship Show, which takes place June 22 – July 5, 2020.
The 2020 APHA World Show takes place immediately before the renowned NRCHA Snaffle Bit Futurity, also in Fort Worth, and features added-money cow horse challenge classes for Open and non-pro exhibitors that pay out $3,000 in added money; the challenge classes do not require horses to qualify to compete, but qualification will allow a horse to participate in any event at the World Show, including world championship classes in any discipline.
2019–2020 NRCHA Shows Approved for 2020 APHA World Show Qualifying Purposes
(June 1, 2019 – May 31, 2020)
Each one of these shows count for a minimum of one show towards qualification. Unless otherwise noted on the APHA show calendar, these shows are approved only for APHA World Show qualification, not APHA points.
- June 9-16, 2019, NRCHA Derby, Paso Robles, CA
- July 5-7, 2019, Colorado RCA Firecracker Futurity, Montrose, CO
- July 17-20, 2019, East Coast Reined Cow Horse Classic, Murfreesboro, TN
- July 19-21, 2019, Northwest RCHA Summer Showdown, Powell Butte, OR
- August 12-18, 2019, Southwest RCHA Pre-Futurity, Fort Worth, TX
- September 18-21, 2019, Arizona RCHA Fall Championship Show Show, Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 4-19, 2019, NRCHA Snaffle Bit Futurity, Fort Worth, TX
- October 18-20, 2019, North Central Affiliate Finals, Lincoln, NE
- October 28-November 3, 2019, IRCHA Futurity, Derby & Horse Show, Nampa, ID
- November 1-3, 2019, ARCHA Fall Extravaganza, Dillsburg, PA
- January 19-20, 2020, Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo, Fort Worth, TX
- January 2020, National Western Stock Show, Denver, Colorado
- February 2020, Dirt & Diamonds Derby, Murieta, CA
- February 13-22, 2020, NRCHA Celebration of Champions, Fort Worth, TX
- March 2020, Sun Country Circuit, Scottsdale, AZ
- March 28-April 4, 2020, NRCHA Stakes, Las Vegas, NV
- April 2020 Southwest RCHA Wild Rag Cattle Classic, Fort Worth, TX
- May 2020 RCA Drought Buster, McCook, NE
To print a list of shows, click HERE.
Unless otherwise noted on the APHA Show Calendar, these shows only count toward APHA World Show qualification, not APHA points. Each show counts for at least one show toward qualification requirements.
For complete qualifying guidelines, visit apha.com/oawcs/qualifiers.
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded in 1962. Its mission is to inspire, nurture, promote and provide meaningful experiences to generations interested in preserving the versatile Paint Horse.