The Distinguished Service Award honors an outstanding APHA
member each year. Recipients are selected in recognition of their long-
term commitment and contributions to the association and the breed
at the regional, state or national level.
The association is now accepting nominations of individuals worthy
of receiving this honor from any APHA member. To nominate a
candidate, submit a written description of the projects the nominee
has worked on and verification that the person meets the award’s
eligibility requirements. These requirements include:
- APHA member in good standing for a minimum of 15 years.
- Must own, or have previously owned, a Paint Horse.
- Involvement in regional association leadership.\
- Service as a regional officer, director or committee member.
- Mush have made a major contribution to a regional, state or national activity.
- Cannot be an APHA past president.
Nominations must be received in the APHA office by May 15.
Email nominations to [email protected] or mail them to:
Distinguished Service Award Committee
C/O Karen Ficklin, APHA
PO Box 961023
Fort Worth, TX 76161-0023
Verbal nominations will not be accepted. The APHA Distinguished
Service Award Selection Committee is comprised of the three most
recent past presidents.