The association awards $30,000 to clubs who go the extra mile.
Regional Clubs are the backbone of the American Paint Horse Association (APHA) experience, and 30 of those clubs that are going above and beyond to make their APHA-approved shows a great experience were awarded $1,000 each at the Annual APHA Workshop May 31-June 2 in Grapevine, Texas.
The 2012 Regional Club Sponsorship Program recipients include:
- British Columbia
- Eastern Idaho
- Garden State
- Minnesota North Star
- New England
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- Northern Michigan
- Pacific Northwest
- Southeastern Oregon
- Southwest Washington
- Washington State
“Regional Clubs provide the framework for attracting new members at the local or ‘grassroots’ level and are just as their name suggests—a local group of Paint Horse enthusiasts that work together to hold events and gain support for Paints in their area,” APHA Executive Director Billy Smith said. “This sponsorship program is a new way to reward those clubs that go the extra mile in encouraging participation, recruiting new members, offering creative show formats and enhancing the exhibitor’s experiences.”
APHA will award $1,000 cash awards annually to 30 clubs for use at a Regional Club-sponsored Paint-O-Rama show, or one- and two-judge shows that the club hosts. Clubs will only be eligible for the sponsorship once in a two-year period and must be in good standing with APHA. The club must fulfill all annual Regional Club requirements, have their show approved and pay all show fees in order to be eligible for the award.
Applications will be evaluated on the following to receive the first half of the sponsorship money:
- Encouraging new show participation.
- Membership recruitment efforts.
- Creative show formats.
- Enhancement of exhibitor experience at the show (exhibitor party, special awards, etc.)
Applications will be evaluated on the following to receive the second half of the sponsorship money:
- Timely return of show results postmarked within 15 days after the show date.
- All show result fees paid with show results by check or credit card.
- Show results finalized, and posted at APHA in a timely manner.
- Judge evaluations submitted with show results.
- Show management’s prompt response to questions from APHA Performance Department staff.
- All Novice Amateur, Amateur, Novice Youth and membership applications submitted with show results.
To be considered for the program, clubs should apply through APHA Regional Club Manager Julie Haney at (817) 834-2742, ext. 404, or email@example.com. Application requirements and rules can be found online at clubs.apha.com.