Stylish, savvy and not afraid to stand out, APHA members are a unique breed in the horse world. Four members of our APHA family took center stage in Chrome’s annual Winter Fashion Issue, and they proved functional and fashionable can go hand in hand.
Kansas horsewoman Taylor Todd and Kate Richardson, a mounted shooter from Montana, were our 2019 grand-prize winners, winning a starring role in this all-female-produced shoot in the Fort Worth Stockyards and Whiskey Ranch. Model search finalists Melinda Raasch and Kyleen Dugan joined them in Fort Worth—Melinda owns a cattle ranch and is a reserve world champion from Missouri; Arkansas equestrienne Kyleen enjoys competing in barrel racing—and the four horsewoman knocked it out of the park. Check out our gallery below! All four women are real-life APHA members who love their Paints and the connection to the Western lifestyle they bring.
This gorgeous issue has so much more to offer, though—settle in and open its pages, and you’ll be captivated by the inspiring stories, thrilling adventures and useful instructionals, all tied together by one common denominator: a love of flashy Paints and the Western lifestyle. Stories in this issue include:
- Chrome’s annual Winter fashion feature, which puts real APHA members-turned-models in the spotlight
- How a focus on the land and sustainable ranching helps business boom at V6 Ranch.
- Paint Horses and a lifelong thirst for knowledge compelled APHA member Helena Ryan to take the reins and make an impact for others.
- Splash overo Paints Fern and Willow demonstrate how family bonds run deep, even in horses.
In this issue, you’ll also read about:
- Engaging your horse’s hindquarters for smooth maneuvering.
- Key differences between service and support animals.
- How to develop mental toughness.
- Dual-purpose barndominiums.
- A special sisterhood cultivated through riding Paints on equine drill teams.
You’ll find all this and MORE is in the Winter 2019 issue of Chrome. Check out the Chrome website for previews of each article and some extra-special web exclusives.
All current APHA members receive access to Chrome, a magazine celebrating the Western lifestyle and APHA members as unique as the Paint Horses we love—join or renew your membership today so you can take advantage of this fantastic member benefit. APHA members in North America receive a complimentary printed issue of Chrome; all members worldwide with email addresses on file receive a digital copy. Chrome is the official magazine of Mule Alley in the Fort Worth Stockyards and is distributed throughout that area, as well.
[Reprinting all or part of this story is permitted, so long as credit is given to Chrome and a link provide back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.