Cutters—you’re invited to get a jump on 2018 APHA World Championship Show qualification using a select group of events from the National Cutting Horse Association and American Cutting Horse Association.
Qualifying for the APHA World Show is easy: just attend two APHA-approved events (which can include the ones noted below) during the qualifying period, June 1, 2017–June 4, 2018. If an exhibitor doesn’t attend at least two events for qualification, they can pay a $1,000 fee per show (up to $2,000) as “pay to play” World Show qualification. Only participation in the events—never points earned—factors into qualification.
The 2018 APHA World Show takes place September 19–30 in Fort Worth, Texas, and also features cutting challenge classes for Open and non-pro exhibitors that pay out more than $14,000 in added money; the challenge classes do not require horses to qualify to compete, but qualification will allow a horse to participate in any event at the World Show, including world championship classes in any discipline.
2017/2018 NCHA & ACHA Shows Approved for 2018 APHA World Show Qualifying Purposes
(June 1, 2017–June 4, 2018)
Each one of these shows count for a minimum of one show towards qualification.
Unless otherwise noted on the APHA show calendar, these shows are approved only for APHA World Show qualification, not APHA points.
- June 7-8, 2017 Brazos Valley Cutters @ Silverado Weatherford, TX
- July 8-9, 2017 Seven Bar Ranch Summer Cutter Saratoga, WY
- July 17–August 6, 2017 NCHA Summer Cutting Spectacular Fort Worth, TX
- September 3-10, 2017 Cotton Stakes West Monroe, LA
- November 10-12, 2017 FCHA Cutting @ L Cross Arena Lady Lake, FL
- November 12, 2017 Panhandle CHA @ Bill Cody Arena Amarillo, TX
- December 2-3, 2017 NCHA Challenger Redwood Empire CHA Rancho Murieta, CA
- January 17-19, 2018 Black Hills Stock Show Rapid City, SD
- January 5-6, 2018 Ozark Mountain CHA Carthage, MO
- February 13 – 18, 2018 South Point “The Mane Event V” Las Vegas, NV
- February 19-25, 2018 Arbuckle Mountain Futurity Ardmore, OK
- March 2018 NCHA Eastern Nationals Jackson, MS
- March 9-11, 2018 WSCHA Spring Weekend Cutting Loveland, CO
- May 12-26, 2018 Breeders Invitational Tulsa, OK
- May 2018 NCHA Western Nationals Scottsdale, AZ
- July 8, 2017 ACHA/APHA Summer Cowtown Cutting Fort Worth, TX
- July 9, 2017 ACHA/APHA Summer Cowtown Cutting Fort Worth, TX
- July 21-22, 2017 Am South Texas CHA Brenham, TX
- September 29-30, 2017 ACHA/APHA Fall Cowtown Cutting Fort Worth, TX
- October 1, 2017 ACHA/APHA Fall Cowtown Cutting Fort Worth, TX
- November 11, 2017 American Oklahoma CHA Corn, OK
- November 18-19, 2017 American South Texas CHA Brenham, TX
- December 27-30, 2017 ACHA Championship Show Bryan, TX
- March 24-25, 2018 American South Texas CHA Brenham, TX
- May 2018 ACHA Weekend Brenham, TX
- May 26-27, 2018 American Southwest Texas Belton, TX
Details about the APHA World Championship Show are found at apha.com/oawcs. Questions about the World Show or qualification? Contact APHA Manager of Show & Contest Amanda Cormack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA creates and maintains programs that increase the value of American Paint Horses and enriches members’ experiences with their horses