The 2018 APHA Youth World Championship Show is right around the corner, and we can’t wait to welcome you and your Paint Horse to Fort Worth, Texas, June 25–July 8. The tentative show schedule is available at apha.com/ywcs or at the link below.
Check out some of the great new events for 2018:
- Youth Performance Halter Mares
- Youth Performance Halter Geldings
- Youth Solid Paint-Bred Ranch Riding
- Youth Versatility Ranch Horse Challenge (open to Regular Registry, Solid Paint-Bred & Appaloosa horses)
New Youth World Show Eligibility Requirements:
All horses must be owned/leased by the exhibitor or an eligible family member per Rule YP-015 as recorded by APHA postmarked by the pre-entry deadline, May 15. Youth or eligible family members who own/lease their horses after the May 15 postmark deadline (as recorded by APHA) are eligible to compete for Youth World Show titles and awards upon payment of a $500 fee (applied to the APHF Youth World Show Scholarship Fund), but they will not be eligible to earn scholarship money.
New Solid Paint-Bred Opportunities:
Solid Paint-Bred horses are now eligible to compete with Regular Registry Paints in non-World Championship, non-pointed classes at the Youth World Show.
- Youth Versatility Ranch Horse Challenge
- Hopes & Dreams Barrel Racing Sweepstakes
- Hopes & Dreams Pole Bending Sweepstakes
- Disciplined Rail Western
- Disciplined Rail English
- Ideal Paint Western
- Ideal Paint English
- Bareback Western Horsemanship
- Bareback English Equitation
- Youth Team Tournament
- Parents Western Pleasure
- World of Color Gift Show – June 25-July 7
- Youth World Games – June 27-July 3
- Western Horseman Fence & Boxing Challenge (all-breed, all-age) – July 5-6
- ACHA/APHA Cowtown Cutting (all-breed, all-age) – July 6-8
[Reprinting all of part of this story is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provide back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.