The inaugural APHA/WCHA Halter Million competition is approaching, and tons of special awards will spotlight top owners, breeders and exhibitors at this year’s event. The Halter Million takes place September 24-October 2 at the Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth, Texas, and will pay out more than $1 million cash and prizes.
Special recognition includes:
- Leading Breeder Award: presented to the breeder earning the most points from horses placing in the Top 10 of all APHA world championship classes at the Halter Million
- Leading Owner/Breeder/Exhibitor Award: presented to the leading exhibitor who is the owner, breeder and exhibitor of horses earning the most points from their horse(s) combined Top 10 placings in world championship classes at the Halter Million
- Breeders Halter Futurity Bonus Payout: cash incentives to the top-placing Paint weanlings/exhibitors competing in both the APHA Amateur weanling halter world championship classes and the 2022 Breeders Halter Futurity in Des Moines, Iowa
- Special honors:
- Scarlet Print Award: presented to the Regular Registry mare that wins Open, Amateur and Youth world championship titles in a single year; courtesy of the Jerry Engle Family
- Pretty Versital Memorial Award: presented to the world champion in Youth Aged Mares; courtesy Burns Skyview Ranch
- Xtreme Ambition Memorial Award: presented to the Regular Registry yearling stallion that wins APHA Amateur and Open world championships in a single year; courtesy Danielle and Cheryl Vasi
- Intermediate Recognition: bonus prizes in select classes for the top-placing exhibitors who have not placed in the Top Two at the APHA or AQHA World Shows in halter in the past five years; special awards presented to the Top Five placings.
- 58 APHA world championship classes
- 20 Breeders’ Futurity events: 10 Platinum, 10 Gold
- More than $1 million in estimated payouts and prizes
APHA/WCHA Halter Million
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded in 1962. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.