The 2017 APHA Open/Amateur World Championship Show promises to be more lucrative than ever before for halter exhibitors. With the pre-entry deadline just weeks away, now is the time to make plans to attend and be a part of the excitement.
Check out all the ways halter exhibitors can cash in:
- Platinum Breeders’ Futurity Estimated Purse: $73,000
- Gold, Silver & Bronze Breeders’ Futurity – Halter Estimated Purse: $38,000
- Breeders’ Halter Futurity Bonus Payout: $20,000 (for high placing weanling foals competing in both APHA World Show Amateur weanling halter and the 2017 Breeders’ Halter Futurity, Des Moines, IA)
- Lynn Simons Memorial Halter Futurity Estimated Purse: $18,750 (taking place concurrently with Amateur Yearling halter classes)
- WCHA Breeder’s Championship Futurity & The Big Money Futurity: $160,000 in cash & prizes (taking place in conjunction with the APHA World Show)
- Weanling & Yearling Color Classes at The Big Money Futurity: $5,000 added (taking place in conjunction with the APHA World Show)
Late payment fees will add to the pot, too, meaning an estimated $315,000+ in cash and prizes will be up for grabs for halter competitors at the 2017 Open/Amateur World Championship Show. Don’t miss your chance to claim your share! Pre-entry deadline is August 1. Visit apha.com/oawcs for the show schedule, premium book, easy online entry and more.
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA creates and maintains programs that increase the value of American Paint Horses and enriches members’ experiences with their horses.