It only took one encounter with Paints to color Mike Short’s world. Since then, he’s experienced the Paint Horse world from many angles: as an exhibitor, professional, national director, international ambassador, Executive Committee member and, now, as president.
Mike steps up to APHA’s highest leadership position with a passion for change, innovation and helping Paint Horses ride into a prosperous future; learn more about Mike’s background and vision in Inside Look, the Paint Horse Journal’s online story preview.
Then, purchase, renew or extend your subscription to the Paint Horse Journal for more news and stories about the flashy breed you love!
In this month’s Inside Look you’ll find:
- One FREE story—”Driven by Inspiration”—introducing APHA President Mike Short
- APHA Executive Director Billy Smith’s “Fresh Paint” column, where he reveals APHA’s unique strategy for leading the horse world
- Candid photos from APHA events across the country
- ALL our colorful advertisers, including year-end winners, a special stallion showcase, classified ads and our Stallion Alley
Then, open up your print copy of the March/April 2019 Paint Horse Journal to discover:
- The inspiring stories behind APHA’s 2018 Top 20 winners
- How trail challenges can grow both your horse’s skills and your regional club
- A world champion’s secrets for stellar longe line performances
- Insights on the optimal timeline for colt castration
- The seven historic figures inducted into APHA’s seventh Hall of Fame class
- And so much more! Purchase, renew or extend your subscription today!
[Reprinting all of part of this story is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provide back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded in 1962. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.