Edited press release courtesy Remington Park
Photo Credit: Dustin Orona Photography
OKLAHOMA CITY – Live Moonshine put himself in position for a second futurity score this Remington Park season as he had the best qualifying time Saturday for the Grade 1, $254,275 Speedhorse Graham Futurity. The big-money race for 2-year-old Paints & Appaloosas, will be contested on June 2, the final night of the Remington Park season.
Live Moonshine won the American Paint Classic Futurity in April and will now attempt a second-straight futurity score for owners and breeders Dan and Kaye Jones, of Kemp, Texas. Trained by Matt Whitekiller and ridden by Cody Smith, Live Moonshine will compete in all three futurities where he is eligible this season. The 2-year-old Texas-bred gelding ran fourth in the Oklahoma Paint & Appaloosa Futurity here in March.
Live Moonshine handled 350 yards over a fast track in :17.839 in the fourth of five trials, winning by 1-1/4 lengths. A Paint son of CRM Livewire from the Awesome Chrome mare PRP Sedona Sunset, Live Moonshine has won four of his five races this season and has career earnings of $82,580 heading into the Speedhorse Graham final.
The field of 10 qualifiers for the Speeshorse Graham Futurity, with individual time, trial number and trainer, is:
- Live Moonshine – :17.839 (trial 4), Matt Whitekiller
- Admiral Tom – :17.909 (trial 5), Luis Villafranco
- Memories Of Lil Hero – :17.930, Rick Robinson
- Son Of A Grip – :17.951, Luz Chavira
- El Fargo – :17.990, Matt Whitekiller
- Logans Mafia – :18.029, Dee Keener
- CL Oooh Sexy Lips – :18.038, Eddie Willis
- Wired For Sound – :18.046 (trial 3), Matt Whitekiller
- Teejus Livin – :18.050 (trial 3), Manuel Almanza
- Baileys And Rum – :18.088 (trial 4), Blaine Wood
Admiral Tom and Teejus Livin are the only Appaloosas to qualify for the Speedhorse Graham Futurity, the rest in the field are Paints.
[This press release was provided by Remington Park; read more at remingtonpark.com.]