More than once in your equine career, you’ll find yourself searching for a new instructor, trainer or mentor, whether you’re moving across the country, stepping up your ability, pursuing new goals or just looking for a refreshing new viewpoint. But how do you find the perfect person? Investing your time, money and hopes into a new professional can be scary, but the Paint Horse Journal is here to help.
Pick up your August 2016 issue of the Journal for our special training issue, ready to equip you with new knowledge—and contacts—to find the best professional for you and your Paint.
Not a subscriber? No problem! Check out Inside Look, a free, digital peek inside this month’s Journal to find “Match Made in Heaven,” this month’s complementary article. In addition to tips to find a great coach, you’ll get an easy introduction to the must-have publication for Paint lovers everywhere.
Then, begin, renew or extend your subscription today, and you’ll also be entered into the PHJ’s 50th-anniversary contest! Enter before November 13, 2016, and you’ll automatically earn a chance to win exclusive prizes, such as custom PHJ-themed horse coolers, gift certificates to Olathe Boots and Noble Outfitters, APHA prize packs and more! Winners will be selected in four drawings; watch apha.com for more prize and winner announcements.
In this month’s issue of Inside Look you’ll find:
- One FREE story: “Match Made in Heaven,” choosing the perfect trainer is a snap with the right tools.
- APHA Executive Director Billy Smith’s “Fresh Paint” column, where he discusses the internet’s playground and how it relates to the horse community.
- A special “Trainers Guide” to help locate professionals in your area
- ALL of our colorful advertisers, including classified ads and Stallion Alley
Pick up the print edition of the Paint Horse Journal to find:
- A primer for the upcoming Youth World Games, taking place soon in Kreuth, Germany
- Pointers to get the most out of participating or auditing in a clinic
- Industry insight on leveraging new technology to stay connected with horse-show action
- Profiles of five young professionals who are succeeding at building a horse-training career
- APHA’s latest 10,000-hour rider and her journey to log time with her Paint
- A discussion with APHA Director of Judges David Dellin about being a horseman and the implications of that title
- And so much more! Request a copy of the August issue or start, renew or extend your subscription to the Paint Horse Journal PLUS entry into our 50-year celebration giveaway.
[Reprinting all of part of this story is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provide back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA creates and maintains programs that increase the value of American Paint Horses and enriches members’ experiences with their horses.