A colorful mystery—flashy, obviously marked Paints whose DNA tests showed no markers—yielded an exciting discovery for the APHA community. Splashed White 5 was discovered in 2019 (followed by the discovery of Splashed White 6 recently in 2020), bringing more understanding of our colorful breed to light.
Learn more about this exciting discovery—and how you can test your own Paint for SW5—inside the January/February 2020 Paint Horse Journal! Not a subscriber? Take a peek online (and get this full story for FREE) via the digital Inside Look preview.
In this month’s Inside Look, you’ll find…
- One FREE article: learn more about the 2019 discovery of Splashed White 5 and what it means for Paint Horse lovers
- APHA Executive Director Billy Smith’s Fresh Paint column about APHA’s new headquarters in the Fort Worth Stockyards
- ALL our colorful advertisers (Breeders: this issue is STUFFED with stallions for your mares!)
- Stallion Alley and Classified ads for all your equine needs
Then, pick up your print copy of the Journal to find…
- Full coverage of the inaugural APHA Western National Championships, including class winners
- Tips for cultivating better breeding-business relationships as a stallion or mare owner
- How one Paint transformed from slowpoke to pro-rodeo rockstar
- How A Scenic Impulse took the Western pleasure world by storm and influenced a horseman’s career
- Need-to-know tips for when you wonder “Why didn’t my horse place better in performance halter?”
- Ways Finally Farm Paints has made a huge impact on the performance horse world with their small-scale breeding operation
- And so much more! Purchase, renew or extend your Journal subscription today!