Italy went Western June 15-18, when the inaugural Elementa Goes West show brought Paints and Quarter Horses to the show-stopping Elementa Resort in Bracciano, near Rome. The show featured 50,000 Euros in prize money from Elementa owner Maria Cecilia Fiorucci, along with $4,000 in Chrome Cash money paid to the highest-placing Paints in Amateur and Novice Amateur classes.
Chrome Cash is an inventive program that provides Paint-only payouts to APHA horses. New for 2023, Chrome Cash expanded to include international events; show managers apply for matching funds to help attract more Paint exhibitors to their shows.
Congratulations to our Chrome Cash winners at Elementa Goes West:
Vajolet So Flower Art & Nicoletta Valimberti of Italy
- Novice Amateur Trail: $250
- Novice Amateur Western Horsemanship: $250
- Novice Amateur Western Pleasure: $250
Full Assets Evolution & Luisa Celi of Italy
- Amateur Performance Halter Geldings: $250
- Amateur Trail: $500
- Amateur Western Pleasure: $500
Roll Sensation TR & Moira Gazzola of Italy
- Amateur Performance Halter Stallions: $250
- Amateur Showmanship: $500
- Amateur Western Horsemanship: $500
Colonelgunashine & Alessandra Bevilacqua of Italy
- Amateur Ranch Riding: $500
- Novice Amateur Ranch Riding: $250
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded in 1962. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.