Golden hues, a beachfront scene and a beautiful Paint Horse, of course, made the Spring 2021 Chrome magazine cover a visual treat for APHA members. Judges in the annual American Horse Publications Equine Media Awards contest thought so too, and Chrome was named the winner of the Association Publication Cover category.
Chrome and the Paint Horse Journal earned a total of 10 awards in the 2021 contest, which was for material published during 2020. Awards are detailed below, and represent the commitment to quality that APHA strives to deliver to its members through these award-winning publications. Both Paint Horse Journal and Chrome are exclusively available as part of an APHA membership (join or renew at apha.com/join).
- 1st – Association Publication Cover Page: “Free to Be” (Spring 2020 issue)
- 2nd – Association Publication Editorial Design: “Free to Dream” (Spring 2020 issue)
- 3rd: Equine-Related Human-Animal Bond Article: “No Fences — Radical Surprise” (Fall 2020 issue)
- 3rd: Freelance Writer Personality Profile: “Glass Heart” (Winter 2020 issue)
- Honorable Mention – Instructional Single Article: “Happy Trails” (Spring 2020 issue)
- Honorable Mention – Association Publication Cover Page: “Cowgirls & Culture” (Winter 2020 issue)
- Honorable Mention – Association Publication Editorial Design: “Blond Ambition” (Fall 2020 issue)
Paint Horse Journal
- 2nd – Association Publication Service to the Consumer Article: “Breeding for Perfection” (March/April 2020 issue)
- 3rd – Association Publication Service to the Consumer Article: : “Stretching for Success” (July/August 2020 issue)
- Honorable Mention – Association Publication Personality Profile: “The Grinder” (January/February 2020 issue)
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.