Bart Promised Spots and owner Kristie Fleshman of Norman, Oklahoma, closed 2022 with the most total points earned in APHA’s Paint Barrel Racing Incentive Program. The team captured the 2022 PBRIP High-Point Champion title along with the reserve 2D championship.
“I’m honored to win the PBRIP Year-End Championships. I trained ‘Peanut’ and he has been running barrels for 2-1/2 years; he’s a fun horse, and I love the Paint association and PBRIP. It’s a great incentive for us with awesome prizes,” Kristie said.
For her high-point win, Kristie will receive a Gist Silversmiths trophy buckle at the annual PRBIP awards presentation, taking place July 8 at Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth, Texas. Bart Promised Spots is a 2015 bay gelding by Holy Bart (QH) and out of Whitelacenpromises; owned by Kristie, he was bred by John and Cindy Baltezore of Beresford, South Dakota.
PBRIP is presented by State Line Tack, and we congratulate all of our 2022 PBRIP year-end champions:
- 1D Champion: Tanna McCornack of Wilson, Oklahoma, & Oscar De La Bully, a 2012 sorrel solid gelding by Streaking Ta Fame (QH) x Miss Bully Bullion
- 1D Reserve Champion: Heather Caldwell of Marshfield, Missouri, & Shawne Tag Leo, a 2013 sorrel overo gelding by Yogi Leo x CNF Vanetta Bug (QH)
- 2D Champion: Mackenzie Compston of Coffeyville, Oklahoma, & Smooth Fortune, a 2013 palomino overo gelding by A Smooth Guy (QH) x Styled N Elegance
- 2D Reserve Champion: Kristie Fleshman of Norman, Oklahoma, & Bart Promised Spots, a 2015 bay solid gelding by Holy Bart (QH) x Whitelacenpromises
- 3D Champion: Hele Thompson of Yale, Oklahoma, & Yogis Shawne Twister, a 2015 chestnut solid mare by Yogi Leo x CNF Vanetta Bug (QH)
- 3D Reserve Champion: Dr. Jill Herring of Elgin, Oklahoma, & Extreme Chico, a 2005 sorrel tobiano gelding by Rare Jet Extremes (QH) x Arkansas Diamond
- 4D Champion: Lisa Mullinax of Wamego, Kansas, & Bo Ringo, a 2004 sorrel tobiano gelding by Jedis Hoot x Supermeebonyringer
- 4D Reserve Champion: Lisa Mullinax of Wamego, Kansas, & Maxing Out In Cash, a 2012 bay tobiano gelding by Dallas Alley x Blue Dawn Rising
Learn more about PBRIP and find events near you at apha.com/pbrip.
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded in 1962. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.