APHA is proud to announce its new APHA Professional Horsemen Ambassador Program, an outreach program designed to increase participation through actively designating a Markel/APHA Professional Horseman or Horsewoman at local shows to help educate, promote and create interest in beginner-level exhibitors.
Ambassadors are encouraged to initiate communication with beginner-level exhibitors they encounter who could use assistance but might not have a trainer; all exhibitors are also encouraged to approach Ambassadors for any assistance they might need. That might include questions about showing, training, judging or APHA-related matters.
Ambassadors must be:
- Current APHA member in good standing
- Current APHA Professional Horseman/Horsewoman in good standing
- Age 21 or older
Duties as an APHA Ambassador include (but are not limited to):
- Being a representative of the American Paint Horse Association
- Acting in a way that holds true to the APHA mission statement: “to promote, preserve and provide meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.”
- Hanging your Ambassador banner at your stalls where it’s visible to the public at any shows you attend
- Checking in at the horse show office at each event you attend and letting them know that you are an APHA Professional Horsemen and Ambassador offering your help to beginners/grassroots riders
- Wearing your complimentary Professional Horsemen button-down shirt to identify you as a program participant
- Be accessible and approachable at shows to help new exhibitors learn about Paint Horses
- Participating in the “Ambassador Campaign” by using the hashtag #markedforgreatness in all APHA-related social media posts (more details regarding the campaign will be included with your banner).
In return for their assistance, participating APHA Professional Horsemen receive:
- Increased visibility
- Potential new clientele
- Recognized as a professional by APHA
- Validation of your current credentials
- Name moved to the top of the current Professional Horsemen Directory