The revered honor of being inducted in to the APHA Hall of Fame is one dreamt of by many but achieved by few. Now is your chance to nominate deserving horses and outstanding horsemen & -women for this distinction.
Nominations for Hall of Fame consideration are due to APHA by January 15, 2023. Only complete applications will be accepted for review. Once selected, inductees will be announced in Fall 2023 and honored at the 2024 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony & Awards Banquet.
The recently announced 2022 inductees will be honored at the 2023 APHA Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony & Awards Banquet taking place June 30 during the APHA World Show in Fort Worth, Texas.
The criteria for APHA Hall of Fame nomination follows:
Criteria for People
- Nominees must have made outstanding and significant contributions to the APHA, the Paint Horse breed or the association over a significant period of years as a breeder, competitor or contributor.
- The contributions must have been influential to and supportive of the growth of the association and/or the breed.
- The nominee must have been a member of APHA during the period of time of the activities submitted on the nomination form.
- Nominees must have remained members in good standing throughout their APHA membership tenure (see the Hall of Fame nomination page for more details).
- Nominee may be living or deceased.
Criteria for Horses
- Nominee must have made outstanding contributions to the American Paint Horse over a period of years as a sire, dam or competitor, or the nominee must have helped the association excel or brought extraordinary recognition to APHA and the American Paint Horse breed.
- Nominee must be a registered American Paint Horse or a member of the population of horses that were contemporaries of the original breed registration organizations.
- Nominee may be either living or deceased.
- Award will be presented to the last owner of record. Other parties involved in the horse’s success may purchase a duplicate trophy if they wish.
More information about the nomination process can be accessed here.
Nominate a person here.
Nominate a horse here.
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded in 1962. APHA promotes, preserves, and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.