The first of its kind from a stock-horse association, the American Paint Horse Association recently debuted a new online system that allows transfers of ownership for registered Paint Horses. This easy-to-use system allows members to complete their transfers of ownership faster than ever before, and puts the power right at their digital fingertips.
To use the online transfer system, the following criteria must be met:
- The horse must be registered with APHA.
- It must be a single transfer of ownership, from the current owner on the certificate to the person completing the transfer (no multiple owner transfers permitted online).
- The buyer must have the horse’s original APHA certificate in their possession.
- The buyer must have a signed transfer report from the owner of record, with the date of sale and buyer information completed.
- The buyer must be a current APHA member and link their membership (along with a credit card) to an APHA ShowDay account.
The online transfer system can be accessed at the following address, or by clicking “Register Your Paint” on the APHA.com homepage.
There, sign up as a new user (linking your APHA account info on page 2 of sign up—it’s important you do this step) or log into an exiting account. This sign in is different from your aphaonline.org sign in information. Then, select “Transfer” from your account’s dashboard options and proceed through the steps.
You’ll upload a color photo of the front and back of your horse’s original APHA certificate and signed transfer report, and then you’ll submit payment.
Once submitted, APHA staff will review the material and approve the transfer or contact you for additional information.
If you don’t have the original certificate in your possession, if you don’t have the signature of the recorded owner on a transfer report, or if you have multiple ownership updates to complete on a single horse, you must submit the physical material to APHA for processing.
For a single transfer of ownership, however, APHA’s online transfer system is quick and easy to use — it’s like getting free RUSH processing, with work completed and mailed in just a few business days! Get started at apha.myshowday.com.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
[Reprinting all of part of this story is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provide back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.