Test your Paint Horse knowledge and skills in the inaugural horseIQ Virtual Youth Triathlon. Available for all AjPHA members, this free three-part event features two divisions of friendly contests: prepared public speaking, skills demonstration and hippology.
Entry is free and easy: just upload a 2-5 minute video to a video-hosting platform, and submit the link!
Winners of each section, and Top Three overall, will receive PH Barn Door gift cards.
- Public Speaking
- Submissions accepted September 1-18, 2023
- 13 & Speaking Topics: What to consider when buying a horse; benefits of horse ownership; uniqueness of the American Paint Horse
- 14-18 Speaking Topics: Horseback riding as a sport; public equestrian recreational riding land; horse welfare; nutrition
- Skills Demonstration
- Submissions accepted October 1-23, 2023
- 13 & U Skills Topics: Horse catching & releasing; bridle a horse; clean a saddle
- 14-18 Skills Topics: Vital signs; saddling; loading/unloading; bridle assembly/disassembly
- Submissions accepted November 1-20, 2023
- Test will take place on horseIQ.com—create a free account to access the test.
More details & submit your entry:
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded in 1962. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.