Due to COVID-19 and the resulting economic recession, the Board of Directors have implemented three performance eligibility extensions as part of their 2020 APHA Stimulus Plan, which goes into effect May 4, 2020. These extensions are granted due to exhibitors facing a significantly abbreviated year of eligibility in 2020. The performance eligibility extensions that will go into effect are the following:
- Novice Youth, Novice Amateur and Green Horse eligibility in 2020 will be maintained and extended until December 31, 2021.
- Youth Walk-Trot 5-10, Youth 13 & Under, Youth Walk-Trot 11-18 and Youth 18 & Under exhibitors in their last year of their respective division will maintain their January 1, 2020, eligibility for that division through December 31, 2021
- Allow Youth Walk-Trot 11-18 cardholders in 2020 to have three consecutive years of eligibility in that division instead of two consecutive years.
To be eligible for these extensions, exhibitors will still be required to maintain their membership status and if applicable they will still need to apply for their 2021 Novice Youth, Novice Amateur or Youth Walk-Trot 11-18 Card.
This was my final year to show in the Youth division as I will be 19 as of January 1, 2021. What does this stimulus plan do for me?
Any AjPHA member in his or her final year as an exhibitor would now have their eligibility extended into 2021. Youth in this situation just need to maintain their AjPHA membership through 2021.
Are there other eligibility extensions granted under this plan?
- Novice Youth, Novice Amateur and Green horse eligibility in 2020 will be extended into 2021. Novice Youth and Novice Amateur application still need to be submitted for 2021.
- Youth in their final year of the following divisions will receive another year of eligibility in that division through December 31, 2021.
- Walk-Trot 5-10
- Youth 13 & Under
- Youth Walk-Trot 11-18
- Youth 18 & Under
- Youth Walk-Trot 11-18 card holders in 2020 will have three consecutive years of eligibility instead of two consecutive years. You are still required to apply for a 2021 Youth Walk-Trot 11-18 card when the card expires December 31, 2020.
I have an AjPHA lifetime membership that expires December 31, 2020. Do I need to get a 1-year AjPHA membership to be able to show in youth classes in 2021?
Lifetime Youth memberships will be valid for your extended Youth year through December 31, 2021.
What if I do not have a lifetime AjPHA Membership and my membership expires December 31, 2020?
If you do not have a lifetime AjPHA membership, you will be required to renew your AjPHA membership. A 1-year AjPHA membership is $25.
Will Youth in their final year of Youth Walk-Trot 5-10 (as of 2020) be able to show in Youth walk-trot-lope classes in 2021?
Yes, but when an exhibitor enters any of the Walk-Trot classes at a show, he or she may not enter any other classes at that show except for halter and showmanship (YP-110.B).
Will Youth in their final year of Youth 13 & Under (as of 2020) be able to show in the Youth 18 & Under classes in 2021?
Yes, a 13 & Under exhibitor may choose which division to compete on a per-class basis but cannot exhibit in both divisions in the same class (YP-075.A.1).
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.