By Mary Grace Schmid
Every year, APHA honors a select group of horsemen and Paint Horses that have proven to be the leaders and game-changers of our association by inducting them into the APHA Hall of Fame. Know of a special APHA member or Paint Horse who deserves to be recognized? The nominations for the 2020 APHA Hall of Fame Class are due December 1 and can be submitted online.
Founded in 2012 in conjunction with APHA’s 50th anniversary celebration, the Hall of Fame is the ultimate assembly of influential APHA members and Paint Horses. Being recognized as an APHA Hall of Fame inductee is the highest honor bestowed by APHA. The 2019 Hall of Fame Class will be inducted during the 2020 APHA Convention on February 29 in Fort Worth, Texas.
A five-member Hall of Fame Selection Committee determines each induction class, selected based on the following criteria:
Criteria for People
- Nominees must have made outstanding and significant contributions to APHA, the Paint Horse breed or the association over a significant period of time as a breeder, competitor or contributor.
- The contributions must have been influential to and supportive of the growth of the association and/or the breed.
- The nominee must have been a member of APHA during the period of time of the activities submitted on the nomination form.
- Nominees must have remained members in good standing throughout their APHA membership tenure.
- Nominees may be living or deceased.
Criteria for Horses
- Nominees must have made outstanding contributions to the Paint Horse breed over a period of time as a sire, dam or competitor.
- Nominees must have helped the association excel or brought extraordinary recognition to APHA and the American Paint Horse breed.
- Nominees must be a registered American Paint Horse or a member of the population of horses that were contemporaries of the originating breed registration organizations.
- Nominees may be either living or deceased.
- NOTE: For horses, the award is presented to the last owner of the horse, per APHA records (duplicate awards are available for purchase by previous owners).
Nomination forms, submission timeline and other additional information can be accessed at apha.com/foundation. If you have any questions, contact Theresa Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are submitting a nomination form via postal mail, please send to:
The American Paint Horse Foundation
P.O. Box 961203
Fort Worth, Texas 76161