Photos from Twomblyarena.com
The Twombly Performance Horse Sale on December 8 in Las Vegas—taking part alongside the acclaimed National Finals Rodeo—proved buyers will pay good prices for broke horses. The December sale featured a number of registered Paint Horses, and several drew high bids from buyers.
Among the top sellers (based on unofficial sale results) were:
- Mister Dual Shine, a 2013 sorrel overo stallion (Mister Dual Pep x Shiners Valentine) who brought $42,500
- GVG Ben, a 2012 bay overo stallion (Sams Fiddler x Risky Ana Versary) who brought $32,500
Other Paints in the sale included:
- Gunforvalentine, a 2013 dun solid stallion
- WW Pages Fancy Legacy, a 2014 palomino overo stallion (Powerful Legacy x Turning A Fancy Page)
- Rmountn Ima Goldminer, a 2012 palomino tovero gelding (Rockymountn Starburst x Cowboy Up Cameo)
- Son Of A Gun Two L, a 2014 palomino tobiano gelding (Little Cutter Jose x Queenys Cookie)
Full results will be available at the Twombly Performance Horses website.
[Reprinting all of part of this story is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provide back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses.