Treylyn Hancock and Slide My Way topped the SHTX Chrome Cash incentive payouts at the 2023 Stock Horse of Texas World Show & Derby. The event took place October 25-29 in Abilene, Texas.
Chrome Cash is a sidepot paid to participating APHA horses at select events, offered as a class within a class. Contestants pay an entry fee, which funds the jackpot. Regular Registry and Solid Paint-Bred horses are both eligible to participate in Chrome Cash.
2023 SHTX Chrome Cash Champs
- Treylyn Hancock & Slide My Way, a 2016 sorrel overo gelding by Zezes Pepto Cat x Pastels Play Girl (QH)—$637.50
- Tom Neel & Larrys Little Sister, a 2018 bay solid mare by Zezes Pepto Cat x Girl Like That (QH)—$531.25
- Ricky Piggot & Ima Dirty Reyed Head, a 2017 red roan overo mare by Ima Dirty White Boy x LC Dual Reyete—$425
- Lacy Ronhaar & Greyhounds Doc Olena, a 2005 chestnut tobiano gelding by Shanes Greyhound x Doc Olena Twice—$318.75
- Thea Eubanks & Pour Me A Crown, a 2016 sorrel overo stallion by Pour Me A Pepto (QH) x Misters Royal Rose (QH)—$212.50
In addition to their Chrome Cash win, Treylyn and “Slick” were named SHTX All-Around Youth world champions. The horsewoman was also reserve champion in the SHTX Limited Derby All Around with GVC Pepto Chic, earning almost $3,600.
Ima Dirty Reyd Head was fourth overall in the 2023 SHTX Derby, earning $3,167 plus Chrome Cash payouts.
Stock Horse of Texas is also offering a year-end trophy to the high-point APHA horse for 2023—the winner will be announced following the conclusion of the 2023 competition year. Visit stockhorsetexas.org for more information.
Photo by Ruehle Photographix.
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association. Since it was founded in 1962, APHA has registered more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories. APHA promotes, preserves and provides meaningful experiences with Paint Horses. Learn more at apha.com.