When you join APHA, you not only become a member of the family of American Paint Horse owners, you join an organization dedicated to providing members with excellent programs and services.
Members are entitled to:
- Free member decal
- Subscription to our award-winning Western lifestyle magazine, CHROME
- Preferred member rates on a wide variety of APHA transactions that can quickly return the cost of a membership
- Discounted rates on Paint Horse Journal subscriptions and advertising
- Preferred pricing and special offers on John Deere tractors and other equipment; financial services; home, auto and pet insurance; hotels and car rentals; business services and office supplies and Sherwin Williams paint, all through the exciting APHA Xtras program
- Savings through special offers and discount pricing from our corporate partners
- Access to a wide range of online information, education and reports
- Eligibility to participate in APHA-approved shows, Paint Alternative Competition and Breeders’ Trust programs — and the opportunity to earn awards recognizing your achievements
- Eligibility to vote in Association elections, serve on a committee, or hold APHA office
The APHA offers programs reflecting its members’ wide array of interests, including special award programs for those who set high goals for themselves and their horses.
If you enjoy the excitement of breed competition, the association offers Open, Amateur, Novice and Youth divisions. You can also participate in the American Paint Horse Breeders’ Trust, in which enrolled horses earn money for each point won in APHA-approved shows.
If you compete in recognized events outside of APHA-approved shows then the Paint Alternative Competition (PAC) Program will record your Paint’s performance achievements.
Preferred Paint Horse Journal subscription rates
As a member, you can save 44 percent off the newsstand price when you subscribe to the only magazine uniquely focused on the Paint Horse breed. Every month, the Journal brings you thorough coverage of what’s happening in the Paint industry, and the most complete listing of horses for sale and stallions standing at stud.
APHA educational and informational materials are available to all members. Most can be found online at apha.com/forms or complete the Promotional Materials Request Form to have them mailed to you.
To request a printed copy of the APHA Rule Book via email, please send your request complete with name and current APHA membership ID number to email@example.com.
Preferred rates for APHA transactions and services
No matter when you purchase your membership, you can enjoy all of APHA’s member benefits and programs for a full 12 months (regular memberships end on the last day of the 12th month). Recognition programs, preferred Paint Horse Journal subscription rates, and preferred rates on APHA transactions and services are just a few of the benefits of membership.
Other benefits include the option to subscribe to APHA’s database of registration and performance information at aphaonline.com.
The Online Access fee is $25 per year for current members and provides access to the following information:
- Performance Records
- Progeny Records
- Honor Roll
- Top 20 List
- Zone Top 5
- Show Results
- Shows Not Posted