January 11, 2017
The registration form for the 2017 Convention is now online. Everyone needs to register. Your registration will ensure you have a seat at some of the best educational events offered. Also, don’t forget to get a ticket for “The Game Plan” luncheon and the annual Hall of Fame Banquet and Dinner. Come join us and be Inspired!
NEW for 2017: Two scholarships valued at $750 each will be up for grabs! One scholarship is for a Youth National Director and one scholarship is for a youth who has never attended an AjPHA Youth Leadership Conference before. Apply here by January 20th – *applicants must be current AjPHA members in order to qualify for a scholarship*
Be a part of the Convention in a very special way!
Like last year we are looking for individuals, companies or clubs to sponsor snack breaks or continental breakfasts during this four day event. If you are interested please contact Theresa Brown. We will promote you or your club or company for your generosity in our Convention program and provide signs with recognition of your contribution. A big thank you to last years sponsors for the goodies that helped us through our meetings.
2016 WAS EXCITING!
- APHA Breeders’ Trust point values increased
- We were honored with a historic marker
- Legends were honored at the Convention and Hall of Fame & Awards Banquet
- We debuted a new online directory for judges and Markel Professional Horsemen
- RAM Trucks joined our team of corporate partners
- Opportunities for Solid Paint-Breds increased at the World Show
- Our official publication, the Paint Horse Journal, celebrated 50 years in style
- Our member magazine, Chrome, was named best overall publication by AHP
- We honored the life of legendary APHA stallion, Zippos Sensation
- The Youth World Games was successfully held outside the U.S. for the first time
- We unveiled a fresh, new look starting with apha.com
- We debuted HorseIQ, an innovative new online exhibitor learning platform
- We continued to offer more and more to reiners, cutters, cow horse and barrel folks
- Breeders’ Trust subscription fees were made more affordable
- The Platinum Breeders’ Halter Futurity saw huge growth and paid nearly $100,000
- We celebrated a successful World Show with increases in key areas
2016 Rule Change Proposals timeline
- August 1 – Postmark Deadline for all rule change proposals.
- August 30 – Staff deadline for processing, reviewing and adding staff and financial impact comments.
- October 8 – Rules Committee meeting in Fort Worth, Texas to review all proposals for proper and legal wording.
- October 24 – Rule Change Proposals will be uploaded to APHA web site for review by members. Rule change proposals will be assigned to a standing committee for further review for Convention voting.
- February 2017 – Rule change proposals will be mailed to standing committees with their committee agendas.
- February 24-27, 2017 – APHA Convention, where members will discuss Rule Change Proposals for forwarding to the Board of Directors for voting.
Standing Committee meeting minutes
Executive Committee meeting minutes
Board of Directors’ meeting minutes
See you down the trail.
Regional Club Officers for current year must be submitted to the APHA Office
Watch this week’s episode of Fresh Paint
APHA Executive Director