A minimum of 10 club members (who are also AjPHA members) are necessary to form a junior club. The age limit for the junior club is 18 years of age as of January 1 of the current calendar year. Each junior club must conform to the rules of the APHA and AjPHA. The club by-laws must also coincide with the APHA and AjPHA By-Laws (found in the APHA Rule Book).
After you have organized the club, obtained the required number of members, and held you organizational meeting, you may complete an application for affiliation. The following information must be submitted with the application:
- Club constitution and by-laws
- Minutes of the club’s organizational meeting
- Complete application for affiliation
- APHA Regional Club/parent club president’s signature on application
- A copy of the minutes from the parent club meeting reflecting your junior club approval
- A map on which club boundaries are clearly indicated.
All information must be submitted to:
Director of Youth Activities
American Paint Horse Association
122 East Exchange Avenue, Suite 420
Fort Worth, TX 76164
Once this information has been received in the APHA Office, it will be presented to the APHA Youth Committee and the Board of Directors for approval. The APHA Youth Committee has quarterly calls and meets at the APHA Convention in March.