Select NRHA shows make World Show qualification a breeze!
If you have a Paint reining horse and dreams of competing for the title of APHA world champion, make sure you put the following National Reining Horse Association events on your show calendar—these NRHA shows are approved to count toward the qualification requirements for the 2017 APHA World Championship Show.
Qualifying for the APHA World Show isn’t hard—simply compete at a minimum of four approved events under eight judges, and your horse is qualified to compete in ANY class and eligible division at the APHA World Show, which takes place September 20 – October 1, 2017 in Fort Worth, Texas. Special qualification exceptions apply to certain classes, but most events require qualification by participation. The qualification period for the 2017 Open/Amateur World Show is June 1, 2016 through May 31, 2017; no qualification is required for the AjPHA Youth World Championship Show, which takes place June 26–July 8.
Any APHA-approved show counts toward qualification for the APHA Open/Amateur World Show, but we’ve made it easier for reiners by including the following NRHA events.
2016 & 2017 dates include:
- June/July 2016—NRHA Derby, Oklahoma City, OK
- July 2016—RMRHA Summer Slide, Denver, CO
- July 2016—Reining By The Bay, Woodside, CA
- July 2016—Clayton Woosley,Lexington, KY
- August/September 2016—NRHA South Central Regional Affiliate Finals,Tulsa, OK
- September 2016—NRHA East Central Regional Affiliate Finals, Springfield, OH
- September 2016—High Roller Reining Classic, Las Vegas, NV
- September 2016—NRHA Mountain Regional Affiliate Finals, Denver, CO
- September 2016—NRHA Southeast Regional Affiliate Finals, Williamston, NC
- October 2016—NRHA Northwest Regional Affiliate Finals, Rancho Murieta, CA
- October 2016—Southwest Reining Horse Association Show, Ardmore, OK
- October 2016—NRHA Southwest Regional Affiliate Finals, Burbank, CA
- October 2016—NRHA Northeast Regional Affiliate Finals, Logan Township, NJ
- October 2016—NRHA North Central Regional Affiliate Finals, Winona, MN
- February 2017—Winter Slide, Ardmore, OK
- March 2017—Cactus Reining Classic, Scottsdale, AZ
- April 2017—National Reining Breeders Classic, Katy, TX
- May 2017—Rein For The Roses, Elk Grove, CA
- May 2017—Carolina Classic, Williamston, NC
- May 2017—Columbine Classic, Pueblo, CO
The following European events also count for qualification:
- July 2016—SWS Summer Blast, Axvall, Sweden
- March 2017—3 Nations I, Mooslargue, France
- March 2017—Garden of England Winter Show 2, Bodiam, United Kingdom
- March 2017—Easter Slide, Graasten, Denmark
- March 2017—Llyda Flanders Reining, Destelbergen, Belgium
- April 2017—Roux Spring Slide, Entraigues, France
- April 2017—Bitz Country Spring Show, Bitz, Germany
- May 2017—British Reining Spring Show, Bodiam, United Kingdom
- May 2017—Bayerische Meisterschaft, Rieden, Germany
- May 2017—Markel French Derby, Mooslargue, France
To print a list of shows, click HERE.
Unless otherwise noted on the APHA Show Calendar, these shows only count toward APHA World Show qualification, not APHA points. Each show counts for at least one show and two judges toward qualification requirements.
For complete qualifying guidelines, click HERE.