Sponsoring an APHA approved show
Any individual or organization may host a single or two judged show or Specialty Event. Only regional clubs may host multi-judged shows, Paint-O-Ramas, and Zone-O-Ramas.
Steps to gaining APHA approval for your show:
- Verify available show dates by e-mailing the Show Approval Manager or calling 817-834-2742, ext. 341.
- Fill out the Show Application & Instructions, and complete the class list after studying the Show Management Notebook.
- Choose your judge(s) from the Approved Judges list. Judges cannot judge within 200 miles within 30 days, nor can judges officiate 2 consecutive times at the same show or set of shows.View a sample Judging contract
- Hire a Show Secretary. Click here for a list of Professional Show Secretaries who can be hired by Clubs, Organizations, Individuals and Show Committees
- Prepare a show bill or premium list to be submitted with your application. View Minimum requirements.
For a reference view Sample Show Bill 1 or Sample Show Bill 2 .
Other classes may be selected from the Approved Classes/Codes list.
- If your show is offering futurities, you may want to complete the Futurity Form.
- Submit your application with applicable fees to:
APHA, attn: Angie Willis
PO Box 961023
Fort Worth, TX 76161
|Fee Schedule: Per show/judge|
|90 days or more before show date|