APHA Corporate Partner Gist Silversmiths is proud to help encourage new, young exhibitors, with a brand new award to celebrate the Novice Youth Rookie in each zone, beginning with the 2016 show season.
Congratulations to the following Youth and their Paint Horses! Each team receives a custom Gist Silversmiths trophy buckle for their extraordinary first-year accomplishments.
- Zone 1: Lauren Hall & Get Lucky Sensation
- Zone 2: Sabrina K Anderson & Detailed To A Te
- Zone 3: Kristen L McPherson & All Right All Reddy
- Zone 4: Ella Roberts & What R U Looking At
- Zone 5: Brady Hattan & RL To Be Famous
- Zone 7: Torin Enevoldsen & Got Good Intentions
- Zone 8: Makayla Blauwkamp & Ton Of Trouble
- Zone 9: Austin Cuffman & Oh Y Not Me
- Zone 10: Brittany Phillips & Krymsun N Chocolate
- Zone 12: Pavla Bicova & Gemblers Inittowinit
Gist is especially excited to support the young exhibitors who fuel new growth in the arena, Vice President of Marketing & Business Development Jennifer Folsom says.
“It is especially important to recognize these up-and-coming exhibitors to encourage their accomplishments separate from the more experienced riders,” Jennifer said. “The skills learned both in and out of the arena help provide a foundation for success in many facets of life for these Youth and hopefully encouraging their passion for the Paint Horse will create a life-long Paint enthusiast. For a Novice exhibitor, a special buckle represents a reward which they can wear proudly to commemorate their arena success.”
APHA recognizes the overall year-end No. 1 Novice Youth Rookie of the Year, who receives customized prizes and a profile in the Paint Horse Journal.
To be eligible for the Novice Youth Zone Rookie award:
1. The exhibitor cannot have won any equine association points (in Open, Youth or Novice Youth, excluding Walk-Trot and halter points) at any time prior to the year of the award.
2. The exhibitor is a first-time AjPHA Novice Youth card holder.
3. First-time Novice Youth card holders who have earned APHA Youth or Open points are not eligible for this award.
All eligible exhibitors must hold a current year Novice Youth card and must be a current member of the AjPHA or APHA according to Rule GR-020.I.
This award is based on total points accumulated on a one-horse/one Novice Youth basis per calendar year, and the horse’s ownership must meet the requirements of Rule YP-015.
- Only one rookie of the year per Zone will be awarded, and will only include the Novice Youth division. The Zone is based on where the exhibitor resides.
- Points earned in events listed in YP-215.A. are eligible for this award, regardless of where the points were earned.
- In order to be eligible for this award, a minimum of six points must be earned.
In the event of a tie, the award will be presented:
1. To the person winning points in the greatest number of different events.
2. To the person with the greatest number of wins.
Find all APHA rules here.
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided back to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded in 1962. APHA creates and maintains programs that increase the value of American Paint Horses and enriches members’ experiences with their horses.