Whether you’re an APHA member, national director, breeder, trainer, non-pro exhibitor or just a fan of Paint Horses, YOU’RE INVITED to attend the 2017 APHA Convention February 24-27 in Irving, Texas. From educational seminars to fun parties to discussions about the association’s future, we’ve got something for everyone at our annual Convention.
Almost all of the 2017 APHA Convention’s sessions, seminars and parties are 100% FREE, but seating is limited, so please register below. Highlights include:
Learn Something New
- “Creating the Paint Horse Experience”—February 25, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m. Experts share tips about managing shows—see what is working and what is not. You might be amazed!
- “The Game Plan”—February 25, 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Exhibitors, trainers, breeders and judges—get information straight from the experts about what judges are looking for in some of APHA’s most popular events. Be sure to register for lunch that will be served during the presentation.
- Planned Giving Seminar – February 25, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Discover how you can impact APHA and the Paint Horse breed through planned giving.
- Color Coat Genetics—February 26, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Dr. Samantha A. Brooks, Ph.D., from the University of Florida sheds light on Paint Horse genetics and how to put it to use in your program.
The Fun Stuff
- Stockyard Tour & Dinner—Thursday, February 23, 3:00 p.m. This is an opportunity to see the Historic Fort Worth Stockyards. We’ll have a tour of the location of the future APHA offices and check out some area highlights. We’ll catch the infamous cattle drive down Exchange Street and end with dinner. Transportation is included in the event price of $55.
- Welcome Reception—Friday, February 24, 6:30 p.m. Hosted by APHA, this event is free for all Convention attendees. Mingle with other APHA members and snack on delicious finger foods from the great chefs at the Westin Hotel.
- Hall of Fame & Awards Banquet—Sunday, February 26, 6:30 p.m. Join APHA as we honor our fifth class of Hall of Fame inductees, along with other special award winners. Seating is limited for this popular function and it sells out early, so make your reservations soon. Dinner is included, and a cash bar is available. Tickets are $60 and can be ordered online.
Tending to Business
- Check out the state of affairs. APHA Executive Director Billy Smith kicks off Convention with the APHA Progress Report and Strategic Plan presentation. He’ll give attendees a closer look at the association, what we have accomplished this last year and its plans for the future.
- Make your voice heard at committee meetings. All Convention attendees are invited to attend almost any committee meeting and share your thoughts. With committees discussing everything from breed improvement to competition to ways to engage new and existing members, you’ll certainly find something you’re passionate about—make your voice heard!
- Attend the Board of Directors sessions. APHA’s elected Board of Directors meet February 26 to discuss rule change proposals for 2018, and then vote on them February 27. While only directors can vote on the rule change proposals, any APHA member may attend the meeting.
Whether you’re deeply invested in the Paint Horse industry or just getting started, attending the APHA Convention is time well spent. Network with your peers, meet APHA leaders and get energized about improving yourself, your club and your impact on the association. Register today!
[Reprinting all or part of this news release is permitted, so long as credit is given to the Paint Horse Journal and a link provided to apha.com.]
The American Paint Horse Association is the world’s second-largest international equine breed association, registering more than a million horses in 59 nations and territories since it was founded. APHA creates and maintains programs that increase the value of American Paint Horses and enriches members’ experiences with their horses.