Becoming an Approved APHA European Judge
American Paint Horse Association
P.O. Box 961023
Fort Worth, Texas 76161
APHA Director of International Membership
Following is information on the steps involved in becoming an APHA-approved European judge, as well as the forms you need for application and references. If you have any questions about judging requirements or about completing these forms, please call APHA.
How to Apply
- Please submit the APHA European Judges Application by February 15, 2016.
- Provide a recent photograph in the attire you would wear to judge a horse show (photograph becomes property of APHA).
- Provide proof of current APHA membership.
- Send your application to DQHA Office:
(+49) 06021 – 58459 -19
- Applicants must attend an APHA European Judges Seminar in order to become an approved APHA European judge. The next seminar will be held April 5-10, 2016. Click here for more information.
- The application fee of 100 euros must be paid in cash at the seminar. You may also join APHA or renew your membership at the seminar for 40 euros cash.
- If you have any judging experience, include reference letters from show management or judges who have witnessed you judging.
- All applicants’ names will be submitted to the Paint Horse journal after completion of the APHA European Judges Seminar and prior to presentation to the Judges Committee.
- An incomplete file cannot be presented to the Judges Committee for consideration.
- The scores earned at the clinic will be presented to the Judges Committee at their next scheduled meeting. At that time, the committee determines if an applicant is approved for judging on temporary status, or if the application will be denied approval. The Judges Committee meets a meets a minimum of twice a year – at the APHA Convention in February and at the APHA Judges Applicant School in April.
- If you are approved for judging status, your name will appear in the Paint Horse Journal as an approved European Only judge. All approved judges must maintain a current APHA membership. Your name is also added to the list provided to those who are seeking the names and addresses of approved judges. The list of approved judges is also printed in the Paint Horse Journal each January.
- If your application is denied, you may resubmit an application one year from the date of denial. A second filing fee must be paid at that time.